The pandemic changed a lot in how we organize and ensure the safety of our staff and students. With our classrooms being small and our practical lessons in even more confined spaces we have had to make important changes to the functioning of DiveSafe. To make our classes safe for students and staff we have created a comprehensive safety plan that all students and staff must abide.
- Dive Equipment List For Commercial Scuba Diver Course – Personal dive equipment list: Call our office for equipment recommendations
- Dive Equipment Request Form – Submit this form if you require equipment – STUDENTS ONLY
DIVESAFE International is registered and designated (to the highest level) with PTIB Private Training Institutions Branch of British Columbia Canada. We also are accredited with EQA to the international standards for Canada.
All programs are tax exempt.
HOW DOES THIS HELP YOU?
- tuition fees are tax exempt
- tuition fees & books are tax deductible
- tuition fees are bonded and protected through PTIB
- student loans available through the Canadian Student Loan program
- student lines of Credit available through your bank
- student VISAs available through your bank
- you may be eligible for other types of financial support for your education through HRDC
- RESP acceptable
- Scholarships acceptable
- opportunities fund
- veteran retraining for Canadian Armed Forces
TYPE of FUNDING OPTIONS
1. OPPORTUNITIES FUND for persons with DISABILITIES
Process: go to the website for details… http://www.oppsfund.ca/
2. EMPLOYEE Funding
DiveSafe will work with the student with any information required to help them get employee funding approved.
Process: discuss with your employer. Inform the DIVESAFE office.
3. EI Funding
There is funding available for students who are on EI or have been on Ei in the past 3 years. These funds vary so contact your local EI office. But the general process has remained the same over the past 3 years.
Process: Contact your local EI office for details and the process.
If you have RESP funds available. Contact your bank where the RESP are held and discuss the process for accessing them. DIVESAFE can provide any information or help required.
Process: Go to your local bank and discuss with your account manager.
5. STUDENT LINE of Credit and/or STUDENT VISA
There are opportunities for student to apply for line of credit and student visa at their local bank. The student will apply and the funds are able to be used for anything the student needs, including equipment, tuition, books and living expenses.
Process: go to your local bank and apply.
6. STUDENT LOANS
DIVESAFE Student LOAN designation # : APVC In order to be eligible for a student loan, the course or program of study must be 12 wks or longer in duration. We currently have two programs that meet this criteria.
Process: APPLY online through the student loan website in your province.
NOTE: different provinces dispense varying amounts for student loans.
- APVC – DIVESAFE student loan designation code
- PIK8 – DIVESAFE program code for DVG 320 21 wks
7. DIVESAFE PAYMENT PLAN
DIVESAFE on occasion may create a payment schedule with a student. If there is a student in need and they have a passion for commercial diving…. we may work out a payment plan.
Process: Contact the DIVESAFE office in order to set up a meeting to discuss this option.