Course length: 21 weeks
The Big Kahuna!
Do you want to be an underwater welder, work offshore, engineering diver, marine construction diver - this is the program to take.
UnRestricted Surface Supply Diver (50m) with Occupational SCUBA & Commercial Nitrox - 3 certifications!
Upon completion the graduate will achieve DCBC (Diver Certification Board of Canada) international certification to the CSA standards for Unrestricted Surface Supply Diver 50m. This certification allows the diver to conduct commercial diving operations using surface supplied diving equipment to a maximum depth of the training provided. The working categories include but are not limited to, seafood harvesting, aquaculture, underwater engineering inspections, archeological investigation, police operations, underwater film production and emergency services rescue operations, offshore oilfield diver, burning, underwater welding, jetting, underwater construction, bridge inspection, heavy construction, Dam maintenance and repairs, salvage work, hull inspections, pipeline maintenance and much more.
Key Course Information:
Course hours: Full-time 8:00am to 5:00pm (Monday to Friday)(weekend and evening work will be required)
Course pre-requisites: In order to enroll in this course the applicant must:
- complete a CSA Divers Medical and be certified as "Fit for Diving" by a DCBC recognized Physician
- have a recreational 'open water' diver certification from a recognized agency upon graduation
This course also includes:
- 1st aid for divers (WHMIS, Oxygen therapy, 1st aid)
- Dive Accident Management
- Commercial/Occupational SCUBA Diver 40m
- Commercial Nitrox Diver
Course Outline: Be the best you can be...train in the ocean!
- Umbilical assembly, maintenance and repairs, diving helmets, tools including welding, cutting, chainsaw, dredging, drilling
- Diving Helmets (3 types), valves and fittings
- Tools including welding, chainsaw, dredging, drilling
- Hot water suits, Chamber operations
- Low-Pressure air compressors - Bottom surveys
- Low Pressure air systems - Hardwire communications
- High Pressure air systems
- Search and recovery & emergency procedures
- Air lift and suction dredging, rack manifold operations,
- Breathing air filtration
- Pressure & Volume requirements
- Industry regulations
- Line pull signals & vessel salvage. low vis diving, hazard recognition
- Topside dive tender skills
- Rigging for divers
Registration Fee - 250.00
Books - 670.00 + gst
Tuition - 24,950.00
Certification Fees - 170.00
Certification: DCBC (Diver Certification Board of Canada) certification, DIVESAFE International certifications.
This program is approved by the
- DCBC(Diver Certification Board of Canada)
- PTIB (Private Training Institutions Branch)
- Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills & Training.
Note: Tuition fees are tax exempt. T2202A CRA tax forms will be sent to students in February after your graduating year.