15 wk program - Professional SCUBA DIVER
Exciting Dives! Amazing People! Great Times!
This 15 wk program will give the graduate multiple certifications to the CSA standards for an Unrestricted Occupational Scuba Diver, Restricted Surface Supply Diver, Commercial NITROX Diver, Dive Accident Management, 1st aid for divers as well as PADI open water diver
ADD-On: PADI Dive Master! Travel the world! Within the 15 wk program for an additional fee you can add the world recognized international course PADI Dive Master. Includes PADI advanced, PADI rescue, PADI 1st aid & PADI Dive master.
Expect extra work! and Extra fun!
Type of dive careers available for graduates of the Professional SCUBA Diver program:
Scientific diving, search and recovery, aquaculture diving, seafood harvesting, engineering and environmental inspections, archaeological investigation, public safety diving, police operations, small vessel maintenance and underwater film/video production… as well as international travel and work in these exciting areas of the dive industry…
Key Course Information:
Course length: 15 weeks (Duration 628 hours)
- Course hours: Fulltime 8:30am – 4:30 pm (Monday to Friday- some weekend and evening work)
- COVID-19 protocols - due to updated social distancing protocols related to COVID-19 pandemic. The following protocols are now in place at DIVESAFE International.
- Max class size of 10 students - with strict social distancing enforced.
- masks are provided for all students
- strict hand washing protocols
- incoming students report health status on a regular basis
- no international students until government has lifted the border closure rules
- quarantine/self isolation report for students arriving from out of province.
- ONLINE LEARNING - available for all courses - this will shorten your time at DIVESAFE doing actual dive training. Students are required to complete portions of the online training prior to arrival.
- Classes now run Monday to Saturday with homework/assignments on Sunday. This enables the class to isolate as a group with little to no outside contact. And provides a quick turnaround/completion time.
- Complete a CSA Divers Medical and be certified as "Fit for Diving" by a DCBC recognized Physician by week 3 of the program.
- Complete a PADI Divers Medical
- Be 19 years of age upon graduation or parent/guardian approval
Included in the program
- DCBC Occupational SCUBA Diver
- First Aid for divers (WHMIS, Oxygen therapy, 1st aid).
- Dive Accident Management
- Commercial NITROX Diver/Blender
- Restricted Surface Supply diver course
What you can expect in this program:
- Dive teams and their roles, topside responsibility,
- How to get employment in the dive industry
- Hands on equipment maintenance and repairs
- Underwater navigation, hull inspections, life line, tether line skills
- Underwater environmental survey work
- Engineering Inspection, search and rescue, hand tools and rigging
- Full face mask diving, low vis diving, dive rescue
- Seafood harvesting techniques
- Diving within nets & aquaculture Diving techniques
- Underwater Video/photography techniques
- Marine life Identification, ocean diving, ocean environment, dive rescues, currents
Registration Fee - 150.00
Books - 295.00
Tuition - 14,000.00
Online Training Materials - 2,500
Certification Fees - 138.00
PADI DiveMaster ADD-on - 1250 Cert fees to PADI Canada approx 385
Certifications: DCBC (Diver Certification Board of Canada ) certification, PADI certifications, DIVESAFE International certifications
This program is approved by
- DCBC (Diver Certification Board of Canada)
- PTIB (Private Training Institutions Branch)
- Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills & Training.
Note: Tuition fees are tax exempt. T2202A CRA tax forms will be sent to students in February after their graduating year.