DIVESAFE International is registered and designated (to the highest level) with PTIB Private Training Institutions Branch of British Columbia Canada. We also are accredited with EQA to the international standards for Canada. All programs are tax exempt.
HOW DOES THIS HELP YOU?
- your tuition is tax exempt
- your tuition fees, books, equipment etc is tax deductible
- your tuition fees are bonded and protected through PTIB
- you may apply for student loans through the Canadian Student Loan program
- you can access student lines of Credit through your bank
- you can access student VISAs through your bank
- you may be eligible for other types of financial support for your education through HRDC
- you can use your RESPs
- you may be eligible for the opportunities fund
- you can use any scholarships received to help pay your tuition
- your employee may be eligible for the employee fund which helps them pay for your training
- we have many veterans train with us and are approved by Canadian Forces
OPPORTUNITIES FUND for persons with DISABILITIES
See the website in
PROCESS: go to the website for details... http://www.oppsfund.ca/
DiveSafe will work with the student with any information required to help them get employee funding approved. Call the office if you are trying to get your employer to pay for your course.
There is funding available for students who are on EI or have been on Ei in the past 3 years. These funds vary so contact your local EI office. But the general process has remained the same over the past 3 years.
PROCESS: Contact your local EI office for details and the process.
If you have RESP funds available. Contact your bank where the RESP are held and discuss the process for accessing them. DIVESAFE can provide any information or help required.
PROCESS: Go to your local bank and discuss with your account manager.
STUDENT LINE of Credit and/or STUDENT VISA
There are opportunities for student to apply for line of credit and student visa at their local bank. The student will apply and the funds are able to be used for anything the student needs, including equipment, tuition, books and living expenses.
PROCESS: go to your local bank and apply.
DIVESAFE Student LOAN designation # : APVC In order to be eligible for a student loan, the course or program of study must be 12 wks or longer in duration. We currently have two programs that meet this criteria.
PROCESS: APPLY online through the student loan website in your province.
NOTE: different provinces dispense varying amounts for student loans.
NOTE: Important CODES
- APVC – DIVESAFE student loan designation code
- PGO8 – DIVESAFE program code for DVG200 program 15 wks
- PIK8 – DIVESAFE program code for DVG 320 & DVG310 programs 21 wks
DIVESAFE PAYMENT PLAN
DIVESAFE on occasion may create a payment schedule with a student. If there is a student in need and they have a passion for commercial diving.... we may work out a payment plan.
PROCESS: Contact the DIVESAFE office in order to set up a meeting to discuss this option.