DCBC is the Divers Certification Board of Canada. It is the only national body which certifies offshore and inshore occupational divers in Canada. It operates on a not-for-profit basis (cert fees are used to support the organization)
OK, bare with me...hear comes a mouthful....
DCBC is a federally incorporated, government -recognized, independent corporation with a single mission:
"To provide a national, Canadian diving certification scheme for occupational diving personnel, based on a single national standard for competencies, in order to enhance industry safety by demonstrating personal competency."
Benefits for DIVERS!
- DCBC accredits qualified diver training schools and their training programs. - IE - ensures quality training is maintained!!!
- allows divers to dive in all provinces and jurisdictions across Canada
- is recognized in the Canadian offshore diving industry
- is recognized internationally, under reciprocal agreements with corresponding certification agencies including, AUstralia, France, Norway, Netherland, S Africa and the UK
- is recognized by IMCA (International Contractors Association.)
- is accepted for work in the USA
- Is simple - menas the diver only has to carry a single diver certification card.
- Is issued by a recognized well-established independent body