The Tools Orientation course is an optional 5 day course that dovetails onto the end of the Restricted Surface Supplied Diver course and gives the successful candidate a certificate of orientation to use certain tools on the work site.
The course is an optional module. The course is also open to other certified surface supply divers who want the certificate or refresher on those particular tools.
- The course will cover the following topics:
- Pneumatic Tools:
- Hydraulic Tools:
- Exothermic Burning:
- Day 1- Introduction, tool safety and maintenance, hydraulic tools theory.
Practical tasks using hydraulic tools.
- Day 2- Hydraulic tools practical.
- Day 3- Hydraulic tools practical.
- Day 4- Exothermic burning theory and safety.
Exothermic burning practical.
- Day 5 Pneumatic tool theory, safety and maintenance. Pneumatic tools practical.
The learning and enabling objectives for this course are taken directly from CSA Standards Z275.4 and Z275.5.
Successful Candidates will be issued a DiveSafe International certification card and letter describing a “Tools Orientation” to the CSA Standard.
Candidates will be supplied a DiveSafe international Diver Tools Manual.
Cost of tuition for this program is $945 + $75 for course material & supplies.
Candidates will be supplied 6 burning rods and extra rods are available at a cost of $5 each.
Candidates are expected to supply their own drysuit with fins and gloves while diving as well as CSA approved steel toed footwear and hardhat, and leather work gloves and safety glasses