Course length: 10 weeks
The graduate will achieve international certification to the CSA standards for Restricted Surface Supply Diver - in the category they have been trained in. This certification allows the diver to conduct commercial diving operations using surface supplied diving equipment to a maximum depth of 30m, The working categories include but are not limited to, seafood harvesting, aquaculture, underwater engineering inspections, archeological investigation, police operations, underwater film production and emergency services rescue operations...
Key Course Information:
Course hours: Full-time 8:00am to 5:00pm (Monday to Saturday)
COVID-19 protocols - due to updated social distancing protocols related to COVID-19 pandemic. The following protocols are now in place at DIVESAFE International.
- Max class size of 10 students - with strict social distancing enforced.
- masks are provided for all students
- strict hand washing protocols
- incoming students report health status on a regular basis
- no international students until government has lifted the border closure rules
- quarantine/self isolation report for students arriving from out of province.
- ONLINE LEARNING - available for all courses - this will shorten your time at DIVESAFE doing actual dive training. Students are required to complete portions of the online training prior to arrival.
- Classes now run Monday to Saturday with homework/assignments on Sunday. This enables the class to isolate as a group with little to no outside contact. And provides a quick turnaround/completion time.
Course pre-requisites: In order to enrol in this course the applicant must:
- complete a CSA Divers Medical and be certified as "Fit for Diving" by a DCBC recognized Physician
This course also includes:
- 1st aid for divers (WHMIS, Oxygen therapy and 1st aid)
- Dive Accident Management
Course Outline: All OCEAN Diving!
- Umbilical assembly, maintenance and repairs, diving helmets,
- Diving Helmets (3 types), valves and fittings
- Low-Pressure air compressors - Bottom surveys
- Low Pressure air systems - Hardwire communications
- High Pressure air systems
- Search and recovery & emergency procedures
- rack manifold operations,
- Breathing air filtration
- Pressure & Volume requirements
- Industry regulations, chamber overview
- Line pull signals & vessel salvage. low vis diving, hazard recognition,
Registration Fee - 150.00
Books - 295.00 + gst
Tuition - 12,000 - contact the office if you are a DIVESAFE graduate !
Online Learning Materials - 1795
Certification Fees - 142.50
Certifications: DCBC (Diver Certification Board of Canada) certification
This program is approved by DCBC (Diver Certification Board of Canada approved and PTIB (Private Training Institutions Branch) of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills & training
Note: Tuition fees are tax exempt. T2202A CRA tax forms will be sent to students in February after their graduating year.