The PADI Open Water Course is one of the world’s most popular scuba diving courses, and has introduced millions of people to the adventurous diving lifestyle.
What's Involved: The PADI Open Water Course has three components -
- Knowledge Development - Either through in-class lectures and discussion or online study, students will learn about basic dive theory and practices.
- Confined Water - Students will have a chance to practice basic dive skills in a controlled environment in a series of 5 confined water or pool dives.
- Open Water - Students will begin their experience in "The Big Pool" by having a supervised dry suit orientation, to get used to the different equipment used for our colder northern waters. Then they will review their Confined Water skills in a series of 4 Open Water dives, and explore the underwater world!
In order to enroll in the course students must be 12 years or older (PADI eLearning requires a minimum age of 13 due to international internet laws.
Required Equipment: Students will be required to bring or purchase full dive gear including:
- Regulator set
- Mask, Snorkel & Fins
- Bottom Timer or Dive Computer.
* Students wishing to purchase drysuits from Divesafe will need to submit measurement information 2 weeks prior to the course date.
Included in the Course:
- Open Water Manual OR Online code for PADI eLearning site
- Recreational Dive Table (RDP)
- Blue Scuba Divers Logbook
- Certification Fee