PADI trained and certified Divemasters are the most desired recreational dive professionals in the world. As a PADI Divemaster you can sea the world… topside and under! Live your dream as a professional recreational dive leader now.
Love scuba diving? Want to share it with others on a whole new level? Take the PADI Divemaster course and do what you love to do as a career. Scuba divers look up to divemasters because they are leaders who mentor and motivate others. As a divemaster, you not only get to dive a lot, but also experience the joy of seeing others have as much fun diving as you do.
The PADI Divemaster course is your first level of professional recreational training. Working closely with a PADI Instructor, you’ll
- fine-tune your dive skills,
- perfect the effortless hover,
- refine your rescue skills so you anticipate and easily solve common problems.
- gain dive knowledge, management and supervision abilities
- become a role model to divers everywhere.
- Join the PADI network to protect our oceans!
As a PADI Divemaster, you’ll lead others as you supervise scuba diving activities and assist with diver training. Whether you want to work at a faraway dive destination or close to home at a local dive shop, the adventure of a lifetime awaits you. PADI Divemasters are respected dive professionals who are aligned with the largest and most respected dive organization in the world – PADI.
This course is specific for DIVESAFE commercial dive students and/or graduates. If you do not meet these prerequisites contact the DiveSafe Office at 1-250-287-3837 and discuss your situation with one of our highly trained PADI instructors.
- Rescue Diver from a recognized body such as PADI or NAUI.
- EFR - Emergency First Responder certificate from a recognized body such as PADI or NAUI.
- A commercial divers certificate from a recognized facility like DCBC and PTIB registered or accredited
If you are currently in a DIVESAFE program and want to include the DIVEMASTER PROGRAM onto your training. Contact the office for information.
Note that qualifying certifications from other diver training organizations may apply – ask your PADI Instructor.
What will you learn?
The PADI Divemaster course teaches you to be a leader and take charge of dive activities. Through knowledge development sessions, waterskills exercises and workshops, and hands-on practical assessment, you develop the skills to organize and direct a variety of scuba diving activities. Topics and practical workshops include:
- The role and characteristics of the PADI Divemaster
- Supervising dive activities and assisting with student divers
- Diver safety and risk management
- Divemaster conducted programs and specialized skills
- Business of diving and your career
- Awareness of the dive environment
- Dive setup and management
- Mapping an open water site
- Conducting dive briefings
- Organizing a search and recovery project and a deep dive
- Conducting a scuba review and skin diver course
- Assisting with Discover Scuba Diving and leading Discover Local Diving programs
Your instructor may also offer the PADI Deep Diver and Search and Recovery Diver specialty diver courses along with your divemaster training to help you meet all requirements and to broaden your abilities.
You may be able to get college credit for the Divemaster course – ask your instructor.
As A PADI Divemaster you will be able to:
- Work at local & international dive centers, on live-aboard dive boats world-wide, private yachts or cruise ships and at exotic locations.
- Lead certified divers on guided tours
- conduct Discover Scuba Diving (resort course) programs
- Assist Instructors with students
- Teach and certify PADI Skin Divers
- Conduct PADI Scuba Review programs and refresher courses
We offer the DIVEMASTER Course as an ADD On to the following DIVESAFE courses:
- Commercial SCUBA Diver Course 5 wks
- Professional/Commercial Diver Program 15 wks
Key Course Information:
- if attending the Commercial SCUBA Diver Course - 1 additional week
- if attending the 15 wk Professional/Commercial Diver Program - no additional time
Registration Fee - 150.00
Books - 595.00
Tuition - 1250.00
Certification/Testing Fees - $250
Certifications - PADI Divemaster level
Note: Tuition fees are tax exempt. T2202A CRA tax forms will be sent to students in February after their graduating year.
Testing/certification fees are paid directly to PADI and may be slightly different than posted.