Students enjoy the pleasures of diving when working on environmental survey projects using video equipment and scientific data collecting techniques.
Course Length: 5 weeks
Call 1-888-325-DIVE for details.
Occupational SCUBA Diver
also known as Commercial SCUBA Diver/ Aquaculture Diver/Scientific Diver
This course will give the graduate certification to the CSA standards for an Unrestricted Occupational Scuba Diver. The CSA standards are recognized worldwide as a leader in setting the standard for Commercial diving. They are represented internationally by the Diver Certification Board of Canada (DCBC). This certification allows the diver to conduct commercial diving operations using scuba equipment to a maximum depth of 40 metres (130 feet).
The scope of operations allowed under this level are aquaculture diving, seafood harvesting, engineering and environmental inspections, archaeological investigation, public safety diving, search and recovery, police operations, small vessel maintenance and underwater film/video production.
Key Course Information:
Course length: 5 weeks (Duration 200 hours)
- Complete a CSA Divers Medical and be certified as "Fit for Diving" by a DCBC recognized Physician.
- Have a basic recreational SCUBA certification through a recognized agency (Or take Divesafe's Open Water)
- have a minimum 20 logged dives within the last 12 months. (Or take Divesafe's Commercial Prep Week)
- certification in First Aid.
- certification in Basic WHMIS (Workplace Hazardous Materials Identification Systems)
- certification in Oxygen Therapy
- Dive Accident Management
(DiveSafe Intl. will help you acquire these courses during the occupational SCUBA program or you can get these courses before the program begins. )
Please contact our office or email info [at] divesafe [dot] com for an information package.